RE: Audio-ISSUE-12 (Joe Berkovitz): Loop start/stop points [Web Audio API]

I definitely favor the addition of the "start" and "stop" methods and expect the re-name should lead to less confusion among developers. I know it took me a moment to realize what "noteOn" and "noteOff" were for the first time I read the spec.

> Several options were considered:
>
> 1) Keep the noteOn/noteOff methods as deprecated (which would be a
> little strange in a first official version of the spec)
> 2) Remove them altogether (which may be a problem given the many
> implementations of the draft spec)
> 3) Keep them but mention that they may be deprecated in the future, and
> that start/stop is preferred

I tend to lean toward option #2, maybe with an informative note stating that earlier drafts of the spec used "noteOn"/"noteOff". Overall it feels a bit early to leave this kind of legacy as a normative part of the standard. That said I'll admit I don't know how many implementations of the current draft spec we're talking about.

-Tony