ALAC decoder in JavaScript

From: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 00:12:29 +0200
To: public-audio@w3.org
Hey there again,

Just thought I'd let the group in on what's been cooking under the plates
of ofmlabs lately. So you may remember us from JSMad or audiolib.js, but
now we have released yet another decoder written by hand in JavaScript (or
to be precise, coffeescript), titled alac.js. This was a particularly
interesting codec for us because none of the browsers implement this in
<audio>. We plan to continue working on our codecs suite, to minimize the
impact of restrictions <audio> currently has.

If you're intested, you can see a demo of both mp3 and ALAC decoding in JS
here: http://codecs.ofmlabs.org/

And for further reading, there's

http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3371171
http://ofmlabs.org/