Re: Change request: playbackPosition attribute for AudioBufferSourceNode

From: Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 17:23:40 -0800
To: Robert Clouth <rob.clouth@gmail.com>
Cc: public-audio@w3.org
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Robert Clouth <rob.clouth@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> AudioBufferSourceNode is missing a playbackPosition attribute that
> is essential for wave views and playback position displays. We think
> it requires only a simple change to the code. What's is the procedure for
> change requests?

Hi Robert,

Your proposed change looks reasonable.  We *could* make this a little
fancier and make the .playbackPosition be writable *and* be an AudioParam
instead of a float, for scheduled param changes - something we can think
about...

As far as changing code in WebKit, you can contact me directly and I can
help you with the details of submitting patches.