Re: TPAC F2F and Spec Proposals (was: Attendance for the AudioWG F2F meeting on Monday, 31 October)

From: Alistair MacDonald <al@signedon.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 01:15:57 -0400
To: robert@ocallahan.org
Cc: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Joe Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>, tmichel@w3.org, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, public-audio@w3.org, mgregan@mozilla.com
Hi ROC,

Really great to hear your code is progressing. :)  Looking forward to seeing
something. I am always interested in making and testing new builds of
Minefield. If you want an extra pair of hands building and testing, let me
know, I would be happy to help.

 It should integrate seamlessly with other MediaStream producers and
> consumers, without bridging.

Could you add some detail to this explaining with/without bridging and why
it is important?

> The big thing it doesn't have is a library of native effects like the Web
> Audio API has, although there is infrastructure for specifying named native
> effects and attaching effect parameters to streams. I would love to combine
> my proposal with the Web Audio effects.

 I definitely think with the maturity of the Web Audio API's effects and 3D
source positioning, this would make sense.

Alistair

PS: ROC/whoever else, could your update my contact details in your address
book. I am using al@signedon.com as my primary email. Many thanks.