Re: webrtc telco

Hi Stefan, good to hear from you.  I've also been hearing a lot of interest
from people about use cases integrating effects into WebRTC.  The Web Audio
API provides exactly these types of effects and can integrate cleanly with
the emerging WebRTC API.  It has rich support for arbitrary processing
graphs with effects such as panning/spatialization, mixing, dynamic range
compression, equalization, etc.  It is my understanding that a MediaStream
can represents both a source or a sink (destination) for audio.  So, it's
natural to consider connecting a source MediaStream into a Web Audio API
processing graph which feeds into a MediaStream "sink".  I believe it would
be as simple as a few lines of JavaScript to connect the source and sink
AudioNode objects from MediaStreams.

It's exciting to think of the potential in using these kinds of processing
effects in WebRTC applications, multi-player games, etc.!

Best Regards,
Chris