Re: Adding Web Audio API Spec to W3C Repository

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> (Sorry for breaking threading, I wasn't on the list until now.)
>
> One last thing: I'm not convinced that audio APIs are really the next most
> important thing to work on on the Web platform. There are tons of new APIs
> already being proposed; so much so that implementation quality is
> suffering (the biggest indicator of that being the continued lack of
> comprehensive test suites for large parts of the platform, including such
> fundamentals as HTML).

Hi Ian.  For what it's worth, a comprehensive test suite is very much a
priority for us.  We've adapted both WebKit's mac and chrome port of
DumpRenderTree and run-webkit-layout-tests to handle audio within the last
week.  I've written seven "layout" tests so far, and have many more planned
for the near future.  So, whatever reason there is for *not* having an audio
api, this is not a good reason.

Chris