Re: is it possible to render audio into a file?

From: Joseph Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 09:16:00 -0500
Cc: public-audio-dev@w3.org
To: Andy Kelley <superjoe30@gmail.com>
Hi Andy,

I think you want this:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/webaudio/specification.html#OfflineAudioContext-section

The OfflineAudioContext object (accessible as "webkitOfflineAudioContext" in Chrome) allows you to asynchronously render any graph into an AudioBuffer. The encoding step into an audio format isn't supported by Web Audio yet AFAIK but it's easy to write a WAV encoder using typed arrays.

Joe Berkovitz
President

Noteflight LLC
Boston, Mass.