RE: Feedback on draft aria-labelledby guidance

Thanks, that's no problem.

In your example, the accessible name for the button would be: "View Email".

The reason for this, is because the current node being processed when aria-labelledby is encountered, is still the same node, so it has not actually been processed before during another separate process.

You can test this at
https://whatsock.github.io/w3c-alternative-text-computation/Editable%20Live%20Input%20AccName%20Test.html

I modified your code slightly to show the name for id="test" like so:

      <thead>
          <th>Name</th>
          <th id="col2">Email</th>
      </thead>
      <tbody>
            <button id="test" aria-labelledby="test col2">View</button>
      </tbody>

In looking into this, I do need to amend my prior assessment of the example sent by Matt, which I'll reply to separately.

Does this help a bit?

All the best,
Bryan

Bryan Garaventa