Re: AccName utility for live AccName algorithm testing on the fly

While this sounds like a nice enhancement, wouldn’t the simplest fix for the cited problem to be to use a different attribute? Perhaps add data-testnode=”true” to the node you want to test then modify the script to look for that?

James Nurthen  |  Accessibility Engineer  |  Adobe  |  p. 415.832.2734  |  c. 415.987.1918  |  nurthen@adobe.com

From: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
Date: Friday, February 15, 2019 at 8:47 AM
To: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@levelaccess.com>
Cc: "public-aria@w3.org" <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: Re: AccName utility for live AccName algorithm testing on the fly

Hi Bryan

I really like the idea. One thing that might make it easier for me to use to use is to find a way to make it work without having to add id=test to the node, which in some cases requires the label referencing to be adjusted. I think this could be overcome by having the computed value section listen to the focused element inside the sandbox area where the rendered code is showing.
This way a developer could dump in a whole form into the tool, tab around and see the computed value for whatever has focus.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.

Tel:  613-806-9005