Re: AccName test expectations bug + prototype bug?

On 09/12/2018 05:39 PM, Carolyn MacLeod wrote:
> The 2 spaces is for your simpler variant:
> <label for="test">foo <input id="test" type="button" name="test"
> title="bar"> baz</label>

Right. Though whether or not it should be is, I think, up to the
HTML-AAM. What implementors are actually doing is another question, but,
again, I believe what they do is simplify/collapse whitespace.

> As for the CSS ::before and ::after content in test case 661
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/AccName_1.1_Testable_Statements#Name_test_case_661>,
> I guess the accessible name would be "foobaz" (no space?)

Another question for the group. My guess is that we (the group) assume
it should be "foo baz", but what's in AccName step 2.F.ii suggests to me
that the space wouldn't be there. Thursday's going to be a fun meeting.
I can tell. :)

> and the
> accessible description would be " bar " (with space before and after?),
> except that I'm not really sure about those.

Me neither. Another topic for Thursday I guess.

--joanie