RE: DPUB doc-endnotes role

From: Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken <tsiegman@wiley.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 16:18:34 +0000
To: Aaron Leventhal <aleventhal@google.com>, ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the feedback. I think the reason for this is clearly explained in the definition in DPUB-ARIA 1.0 [1].

A collection of notes at the end of a work or a section within it.

Note that the doc-endnotes role<https://www.w3.org/TR/dpub-aria-1.0/#dfn-role> is never applied directly to the list of endnotes. See the doc-endnote<https://www.w3.org/TR/dpub-aria-1.0/#doc-endnote> role for more information.

Our goal was for users to be able to easily to navigate to the endnotes section.

If you recommend a change, we will be working on 1.1 release shortly. Please log an issue at [2]

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/dpub-aria-1.0/#doc-endnotes

[2] https://github.com/w3c/dpub-aria/issues

Thank you,
Tzviya