From: Michael A. Peters [mailto:mpeters@domblogger.net]
Sent: Friday, February 9, 2018 4:27 PM
To: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: alt tag equivalent for text that should not be read?

Hello,

Writing a basic guide to TLS certificate generation.

Within the guide I show the output for created a Certificate Signing Request. It is shown in a pre block.

To the ears it would be absolute meaningless gibberish, a really long
base64 encoded string.

Right now what I have is a link before it allowing screen readers to skip past it, but I am wondering if there is a better way.

Since the intent in including it is visual like an image, is there a way to make an alt tag that screen readers would use like they do with images so a link to skip it isn't needed?