From: Bryan Garaventa [mailto:bryan.garaventa@levelaccess.com]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2018 10:13 AM
To: White, Jason J <jjwhite@ets.org>; James Nurthen <nurthen@adobe.com>;
ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Regarding selected cells within a static data table

Thanks, I know that, that is why I'm raising this here.

>From Matt: "First, what is the non-color representation? How is that not
accessible? For instance, if there is a checkmark graphic, make the
checkmark accessible."

There is no checkmark, there may be a background image, there may be only a
CSS color: red, there may be a different color used for the text being
displayed, there may be lots of situations that are entirely variable and
not obvious to a non-sighted user.

So, there needs to be a simple way of setting this information for
non-sighted users that doesn't involve full website redesign to accomplish.

Bryan Garaventa

Accessibility Fellow

Level Access, Inc.

Bryan.Garaventa@LevelAccess.com <mailto:Bryan.Garaventa@LevelAccess.com>