From: Schnabel, Stefan [mailto:stefan.schnabel@sap.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 9:45 PM
To: Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>
Cc: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Are there really no (normative) constraints on use and exposure of aria-atomic and aria-relevant ?

Hi Joanie,

i think this means they should be used always *together* with aria-live on elements on the base markup and not used "standalone".  Otherwise, what would a button with aria-atomic=true declared only mean? Makes no sense to me.

The "use" part of the spec could be more clear here.

- Stefan

Sent from my iPad