RE: Testable statements assignments

Hi Rich,
I'm just going through the wiki page to understand this better, and noticed the following where it states:

To test this, we could use the following markup and table:

This is a bit confusing to me because this results in an inaccessible listbox when aria-activedescendant is not also included on the focusable role=listbox container element to reference the aria-selected="true" role=option node.

So is the goal here to only include markup that demonstrates the desired events or to include compliant markup too?

Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan Garaventa
Accessibility Fellow