From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@illinois.edu>
Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 7:19 PM
To: Matt King <notifications@github.com>, James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>
Cc: 'ARIA Working Group' <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: ARIA Authoring practices and grid based date picker

Matt and James,

Could we send a few minutes on accessible datepicker patterns.

I am working with the JQuery-UI team working on the next generation datepicker and I have some questions to ask the group.

For example each date cell is:

  <button class="ui-state-default" tabindex="-1" data-ui-calendar-timestamp="1486965600000">13</button>

I think they are putting focus on the button and not the grid cell, so it seems the labeling is on the wrong element.

Hope we can talk about this for a few minutes.
Jon

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D.
Coordinator
Accessible IT Group
Disability Resources and Education Services
College of Applied Health Sciences

E-mail: jongund@illinois.edu
WWW: http://disability.illinois.edu/academic-support/aitg