Re: non-landmark forms

Richard,

The form role has the same native host language semantics as <form>. In reality, for 1.2 the web community has asked for us to reach role parity with HTML. Due to native host language semantics you don’t need role=“form” on a form element. If HTML has a native element that has the that native host language semantics you should use it and not use the ARIA role.

At this point, if your screen reader is not good with ARIA It is really not ARIA’s fault. Your comment on “one of my screen readers is not good with aria” is very vague. That is like saying your engine is broke. :-)

It may be that your screen reader is also experiencing accessibility api browser mapping errors.

Rich Schwerdtfeger