Re: 48 hour Call For Consensus regarding Resolutions from the May 19, 2016 ARIA Working Group meeting

+1

Providing an attribute to tell whether an element is presentational or not
is a good idea.  It is better to have user agents handle complexity rather
than have scripts and authors handle complexity. User agent behavior will
be tested. Toggling a property on an element that's content changes is much
easier on a author and script than finding the tree root and changing a
treeful of roles when the content of one leaf in the tree changes. For
authors and scripts the alternative would be to always use the roles for
interactive content even when the content is presentational. ARIA should
not be a burden for authors and scripts.

     Regards,

    Fred Esch
 Watson, IBM, W3C
  Accessibility

 IBM Watson       Watson Release Management and Quality