RE: Timeline for ARIA 1.1

Thanks Rich, appreciate you taking time to respond whilst you’re on
vacation.

Léonie.

From: Rich Schwerdtfeger [mailto:richschwer@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 May 2016 17:39
To: tink@tink.uk
Cc: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>; Mike Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Timeline for ARIA 1.1

Leonie,

We plan to move lock the spec. down ASAP in June. That will involve a 2 week
review by the group and depending how long it takes to resolve those
comments we will then move it to CR. In parallel we are going to create an
automated test harness. We need to size that. Right now I am trying to get
the source code for accProbe out to the community so that we can adapt it to
test Chrome and Firefox. Microsoft has been creating an automated test
harness for Edge.

I am thinking this will be a 5-6 month effort but I need to confirm with the
group.

I want ARIA 1.1 to be done by year end at the latest. There are still Core
spec. mapping issues we need to resolve but I do not expect those to effect
the ARIA spec.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger

On May 18, 2016, at 8:52 AM, Léonie Watson <tink@tink.uk