RE: Confusion with spec name for "Accessible Name Computation"

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:richschwer@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 3:30 PM

I know what you are asking. Although you call it baggage a lot of people working with ARIA have become accustomed to the concept of a name and a description. So, now we are going to confuse those people by switching to a label.

Let's decide not to confuse those people by leaving the terminology alone. I don't think "label" is significantly more explanatory, and "name/description" match the terms used in some accessibility APIs.

Thank you for your compliance.