Re: The use of aria-readonly on contenteditable elements

Hey Matt.

On 05/09/2016 04:55 PM, Matt King wrote:
> In the HTML-AAM, The ARIA column is blank for contenteditable.
>
> What if it mapped to role="textbox" aria-multiline=true? That would clear up
> this issue, right? It may be somewhat nuclear in its approach, but it seems
> to be how the world works today.

[...]

I do not believe it would clear up this issue. It would address the
unsupported role use. But we'd still have the situation in which the
author put aria-readonly="true" on the contenteditable causing screen
readers to present an editable element as not-editable/readonly.

--joanie