Re: [Accessibility-ia2] Mapping of aria-errormessage for ATK/AT-SPI2 and IA2

On 8/03/2016 8:53 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> Furthermore, the error message may have links to help information in
> them. Often these are live region or alerts that pop up in the middle
> of the page.
As I noted before, this could also be true for descriptions. And even if
it's more true for error messages for some reason, this isn't going to
affect most AT in any way. If the error message is just reported to the
user when it appears, a user can't navigate to links therein unless they
use their cursor, in which case whether it is a separate relationship is
completely irrelevant.

> Also, there may be hidden help information in forms on the form
> elements. You don't want to mix that with error messages. It is also
> important that designers check to make sure they have mapped the
> actual error messages to the invalid form elements. This can be
> verified by having it in a separate relationship.
That might be a justification for making it separate in ARIA, but not
for exposing it separately via accessibility APIs. I haven't seen one
undefeated argument yet as to why an AT needs to have it exposed
separately from description.

Jamie

--
James Teh