RE: aria-kbdshortcuts feedback

James, I completely agree. The definition is too restrictive. Keyboard shortcuts are used to either move focus or activate. It should support both use cases.

Shortcuts are often used to move focus to a listbox, tablist, toolbar, radio group, textbox, etc. In my experience, it is more likely that there would be a shortcut for a listbox, tree, or grid than there would be for an option, treeitem, or gridcell.

I suggest shortening the definition and then including a subsequent paragraph with broader language. Perhaps:

Indicates the keys that activate or focus an element.

The keyboard shortcuts property communicates which keys an author has enabled for focusing or activating an element. If an element is a widget that has a click behavior, such as a button, link or menuitem, pressing the indicated key or key combination will typically activate that behavior. If the element is a container or composite widget, such as a toolbar, tablist, tree or grid, pressing the indicated keyboard shortcut will usually move focus to a focusable descendant element.

Then, we could consider making it global.

Matt King