Re: spinbutton vs separator

Hey Fred.

Apples and oranges are both fruits, but are pretty different from one
another both with respect to their properties (e.g., acidity level) and
uses (orange pie seems like a bad idea).

Focusable spinbuttons and separators are both range/value-expressing
widgets, but are pretty different from one another both with respect to
their properties (e.g., expected max and min and steps) and uses (input
versus resizer). Because there are different properties and uses, there
need to be different defaults.

I don't want to confuse authors of course, but I would argue that I'm
not in danger of doing so. But if I'm wrong (there's a first time for
everything), I think the place to address it is in the APG; not the spec.

--joanie (btw, note the email address. you have it wrong.)