Re: Nested links (not related to children presentational issue in ARIA 1.1)

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org> wrote:

> This thread was started on ARIA Admin, but it should be on the main WG
> list since it's a technical discussion. Attempting to move it with this
> message. Michael
>
> On 23/06/2016 9:47 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
>
> Nested links work in HTML browsers now. I don’t think they should be
> prohibited in SVG. The closer we align SVG and HTML the better it will be
> for developers.

No - they are expressly prohibited.  I mean - a browser might support it,
but that behavior is undefined and the content is invalid:
https://www.w3.org/TR/html51/textlevel-semantics.html#elementdef-a
--
Shane McCarron
Projects Manager, Spec-Ops