Re: Regarding children presentational in prep: Agenda: June 23, 2016 WAI-ARIA Working Group

Hey Bryan.

Regarding this:

On 06/22/2016 07:47 PM, Bryan Garaventa wrote:

> The spinbutton role was removed from this proposal because there is a
> desire to make it composite. Currently the spec is not written to
> support this and changes would be needed to do this, because it's not
> clear where and what attributes are needed and how focus should be
> handled, but this should be broken out into another action item.

Taking the value-related properties as an example, and the assumption
that the children of the spinbutton would be an input and two buttons:
aria-valuemin, aria-valuenow, and aria-valuetext are supported on the
following roles:

* range
* scrollbar
* slider
* spinbutton

And through inheritance:

* progressbar

These properties are not supported on:

* input
* button

>From this, my conclusion is that the answer to where the value-related
properties go is on the spinbutton itself. Conformance testers should
already be able to verify this now. I think this is clear. If you do not
think so, what is missing? A sentence that states this explicitly?
Something else?

I'm happy to address (at least) making it more clear where and what
attributes are needed. I've not done this because I didn't realize it
was needed. So if you could tell me which properties are unclear, and
what approximately you think would help clarify them, I'm happy to do so
and can even try to have it done in my branch prior to tomorrow's meeting.

Thanks!
--joanie