Re: Risks the password role does create

Actually Rich, the first bullet *has* been brought forward before as a
potential issue:

“This does make a systematic attack on those password fields a bit easier -
at present if I was to write a malicious browser plugin to capture such
passwords I’d have to find the field on each site (e.g. By finding the
label Password) etc, it would be mildly tricky to make it work on all
sites. With this ARIA tag I could do that trivially.”

Ben Gidley (Irdeto)  -
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2016Apr/0053.html

“I believe Ben answer is reasonable one. Adding a password "flag" will ease
the automated spoofing on "password related operations". *Is it a tolerable
additional risk, or not, stays an open question to me*.”

Virginie Galindo (Gemalto) -
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2016Apr/0100.html

JF

--