Re: text role removal

> On Jun 20, 2016, at 1:01 PM, Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com> wrote:
>
> From what I remember, this was removed due to the inability to handle the scenario of author error when role="text" were applied to the body tag of a webpage, which would destroy all child contents. This came up during one of the UAIG calls.

We addressed this point prior to it's inclusion in the spec, and even included some serious author warnings.

The resolution of that discussion was that the benefits of tools used correctly outweigh the risks of their potential misuse. In other words, the occasional smashed finger doesn't negate the usefulness of a hammer.

James