Re: Objection to password role

Hi Joanie,

No worries, we now have James here who *is* an Apple person. I know that
Apple traditionally does not state if or when they plan on doing anything
specific, although James your continued input into this discussion is I
think valuable.

It is apparent that for this to "work" as scoped we will need the screen
reader vendors onboard, and lack of 'support' in Voiceover would be a
significant issue going forward. We currently have indication that ORCA
(via Joanie) will support this, and it has been stated that Freedom
Scientific are working on supporting this in JAWs, however there are
significantly more screen readers in the marketplace then there are
browsers, and so that is yet another troubling scenario - without
widespread support this will not even address the problem it alledges to be
addressing.

JF

--
John Foliot