Re: ACTION-2080: Draft aria spec text limiting the use of role password on editable objects

Hey James.

The multi-line statement is a SHOULD; not a MUST. So if you choose to
wrap a field which contains a passphrase, you can do it. But why would
you want to? In my experience, even fields that support lengthy
passphrases (e.g. to enter your PGP key) are single-line. If you exceed
the field width, the text scrolls to keep the caret visible. And this is
my experience not just in web apps (where the HTML input has the
single-line restriction), but also in native desktop apps.

As for why I included the stipulation in my proposal: Primarily because
someone during our last meeting raised the concern that authors might
use the password role on an entire paragraph's worth of text.

--joanie