Re: Rationale for aria-errormessage

I disagree. Speaking a description with a delay or allowing a user to turn them off once they are familiar with an application seems like useful behavior to me.

As such a description is not appropriate for error messages which are perhaps the most important information being conveyed.

Regards,
James.