Re: "doc-panelist" (Was: AXAPI Role mappings for DPub and Graphics AAMs)

To me this is a very limited view. I have been on multiple calls now where we have limited accessibility issues to those related to sight.

The inclusion of these semantics enables mobility enabled users, in fact all users to navigate via voice. I should be able to tell my book reader to go to the abstract or read the abstract. You absolutely do not need a heading to make this work for all users nor should we depend on it.

We need to think about the use of these much more broadly. Going forward we will be going to user interactions that will be far less dependent on these ATs and the assumption that we must always be able to see something to get to it is false.

If this is the limited vision of ARIA working group members then I have a problem.

DAISY talking books, for which these semantics came from did not have to depend on visual labels.

James, please reconsider your position in the API mappings.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone