Re: CFC Web Survey

Thanks. I responded, but have one clarifying response for the record.

The question of whether to move the text role should have been separate from the question about the null role description value. It also should have been phrased to ~"move the text or static role out of 1.1" (which I support) rather than ~"move the text or static role specifically to 2.0" (which I don't necessarily agree with). In either case, since there was no way to vote against the 2.0 version, that portion of the survey cannot be binding, and am stating this for the record. The right to raise the static or text role for a later 1.x release (not 1.1) remains, regardless of the outcome of this survey.

Future surveys should also be worded so that the subsequent questions cannot contradict each other. In other words, if both questions had a majority Yes vote (or a No vote), we'd be at a stalemate and would have to run a new survey.