From: John Foliot [mailto:john.foliot@deque.com]
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 2:34 PM
To: 'Bryan Garaventa' <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>; Gunderson, Jon R <jongund@illinois.edu>; 'Matt King' <mck@fb.com>; 'James Nurthen' <james.nurthen@oracle.com>
Cc: 'ARIA Working Group' <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: RE: JQuery-UI Calendar widget accessibility

Bryan Garaventa wrote:

> If we are going to be including jQuery UI examples within the APG, are we also
> allowing other APIs too if provably accessible?

Good question Bryan, and I'll also add that the W3C should ensure we have JQuery's permission (or at least awareness) before using their code as examples in our documentation. While JQuery is licensed under the MIT License (https://jquery.org/license/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jquery.org_license_&d=BQMFAg&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=REZD8fc2AwufInstfW3L5jSLVS8bjZtAodDOhat7yAI&m=H5drAB_Gs9ORcDNoU7cKmncI1Qtc0gqwXzWMectXhxI&s=Ti5G_AO17GWIk8MX7yNM-prmWZhs8UeCyoG9Wh5vYVE&e=>) it seems it would be, if nothing else, *polite* to have that discussion to let them know of our intent, and steps MUST be taken (if we do this) to respect the MIT license, including providing the original copyright and license notice in any copy of the software/source we use.

JF