RE: [UPDATED][REVIEW REQUESTED] Re: aria-ACTION-2004: Create proposal for password role

Hi Joanie,

Thanks for this. As a "wordsmithing" exercise, might I suggest the following minor change:

s/Authors must set the password element's text to the characters being displayed so that assistive technologies can present what is visible on screen. Authors must update the element's text each time a character is inserted or deleted by the user so that assistive technologies can confirm input according to the user's preferences.

/Authors must set the password element's text to the characters being displayed (according to the user's preferences - obfuscated or 'in-the-clear'), so that assistive technologies can present the equivalent to what is visible on screen. Authors must update the element's text each time a character is inserted or deleted by the user so that assistive technologies can confirm input (again, according to the user's preferences).

Wordier, yes, but clearer as well.

Thoughts?

JF