Re: aria-kbdshortcuts feedback

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 18:58:38 +0100, Chaals McCathie Nevile
<chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 18:10:53 +0100, Rich Schwerdtfeger
> <richschwer@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What browser support does this Chaals keyboard shortcut have?
>
> It currently works - to varying degrees of quality - in at least
> Internet Explorer
> Firefox
> Chrome
> Yandex Browser
> Safari
> Opera
>
> It is also built on by a variety of browser extensions, most notably to
> fix the bugs with notification to users, but occasionally also for
> remapping shortcuts and other user-focused enhancements.

One of the especially useful features of the current approach is that the
attribute is automatically reflected in the DOM, and picked up by all
these browsers. So making a change to the attribute in the page has a real
effect, meaning that it is not difficult to build extensions that do
things like remap match user preferences for a particular site, or share
such preferences.

There are some test cases around this:
chaals.github.io/accesskey/tests/index.html (Note that some summaries are
out of date).

cheers