Re: aria-kbdshortcuts feedback

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 18:10:53 +0100, Rich Schwerdtfeger
<richschwer@gmail.com> wrote:

> What browser support does this Chaals keyboard shortcut have?

It currently works - to varying degrees of quality - in at least
Internet Explorer
Firefox
Chrome
Yandex Browser
Safari
Opera

It is also built on by a variety of browser extensions, most notably to
fix the bugs with notification to users, but occasionally also for
remapping shortcuts and other user-focused enhancements.

> What are they doing to ensure this works with SVG?

At present, nothing, although it basically requires a change to SVG that
means adoption of HTML processing of the attribute. This does not seem to
be a particularly complex thing to either implement assuming browsers can
move focus to SVG elements, which is already true of some and is a
standing request for others. It also seems relatively simple to explain to
authors.

Finally, it works with existing deployed content, which is probably
somewhere around the level of 1-2% of the web (based on some private
large-scale surveying).

cheers