Re: Exposing multiple banner roles

On 9 February 2016 at 12:12, Léonie Watson <tink@tink.uk> wrote:

> The topic of discussion on the APG call yesterday, was whether we should
> allow multiple instances of role="banner" within a document [1]

It is allowed currently no?

It is a SHOULD[1] requirement to use only 1

SHOULD   This word, or the adjective "RECOMMENDED", mean that there
>    may exist valid reasons in particular circumstances to ignore a
>    particular item, but the full implications must be understood and
>    carefully weighed before choosing a different course.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt

We should optimise clear advice for the common once per page situation, as
we know that there is an inverse relationship between number of landmarks
and their utility (as reported by users).

--

Regards

SteveF
Current Standards Work @W3C