Re: Why is aria-expanded invalid with a checkbox?

In this case even the sighted user does not know that is what is going to happen. This is just a confirmation. There is no reason to have to indicate that it has a popup.

So, what happens:

a dialog gets generated
an AT gets notified that a dialog was generated
Focus moves to the dialog box. The AT reads the dialog and the description if coded right.

This is far different from a drop down menu where you have a button with a drop down that you need to operate to make a choice. The user will have a visual indication that the button has a dropdown (like a visible down arrow). That is not the case with a confirmation dialog.

… sorry, no reason to have a popup on that.

Rich