From: James Teh [mailto:jamie@nvaccess.org]
Sent: Donnerstag, 25. August 2016 00:33
To: Rich Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
Cc: Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>; Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>; Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>; IA2 List <Accessibility-ia2@lists.linux-foundation.org>; ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>; Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Accessibility-ia2] IA2 Role Landmark

Hi Rich,

I understand the reason for the use of the landmark role for role="form". However, I disagree with the HTML form element being mapped to the landmark role because semantics are lost. The fact that something is a form has more semantic value than just being a landmark. Still, if the spec already requires this, I guess we have little choice but to comply at this stage.

Jamie