RE: ACTION-2107: proposal for Revised aria-details description

From: Birkir Gunnarsson [mailto:birkir.gunnarsson@deque.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2016 5:12 PM

What about aria-details and aria-errormessage?
It would be problematic if aria-errormessage is overridden by aria-details.
Do we need normative language added to this section that says that when both aria-details and aria-errormessage are present on a form field with aria-invalid="true" the aria-errormessage takes precedence over aria-details?
[Jason] Before suggesting any normative language on this or aria-describedby/aria-details, it would be helpful to find out from the AAM maintainers which APIs can't handle multiple relationships and how good the prospects are of fixing this at the API level. I think this is a case in which APIs need to catch up with the needs of today's Web applications.

Thank you for your compliance.