Re: [aapi] aria-ISSUE-1015 (uia-express): Firefox interested in doing UIA-Express. We may need to un-deprecate it. [ARIA 1.1 Core Mapping Specification]

Ok. So, to confirm, we can delete the MSAA + UIA Express column, and move
the  MSAA role to the MSAA + IA2 column, so that for something like the
<abbr> element, we'd have the following:

MSAA Role: ROLE_SYSTEM_TEXT
IA2 Role: IA2_ROLE_TEXT_FRAME
Object attributes: "abbr" attribute on the containing td
<https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/html-aam/html-aam.html#el-td> if a
single child, text content used as a value
Interfaces: IAccessibleText2; IAccessibleHypertext2;
Or is it clear enough from the role names which API they belong to such
that we could include them together? For example,

Roles: ROLE_SYSTEM_TEXT; IA2_ROLE_TEXT_FRAME

Any preference?

Jason

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 5:13 AM, Alexander Surkov <
surkov.alexander@gmail.com> wrote:
> You know, we can move MSAA roles to MSAA + IA2 column instead, then UIA
> patterns will be matched by UIA column. Do we have anything left?
> Thanks.
> Alexander.
>
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:22 PM, Jason Kiss <jason@accessibleculture.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> I also prefer the idea of adding notes to the UIA column.
>>
>> Alex, wrt the HTML-AAM, can you give me an impression of what from the
>> existing MSAA + UIA Express column needs to be added as a note to the UIA
>> column, for which elements and properties? Once that’s done, we can get
rid
>> of the MSAA + UIA Express column.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason
>>

>> On 11/08/2016, at 7:43 AM, Alexander Surkov <surkov.alexander@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Cynthia. Sorry for my late reply. If you're still looking for my
>> input, then notes in UIA column should work well.
>> Alex.
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Alex,
>>>
>>> I recall you saying in another context that Firefox was interested in
UIA
>>> Express. The column for it was removed from Core-AAM, and is pretty
sparse