RE: Action 2102

Here’s rowspan too
The RowSpan of the GridItem pattern

From: Cynthia Shelly
Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2016 6:04 PM
To: 'Richard Schwerdtfeger' <richschwer@gmail.com>
Cc: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>; Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>; ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Action 2102

Here’s the equivalent
The ColumnSpan of the GridItem pattern

I’ll make an issue for html-aam
From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:richschwer@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2016 3:16 PM
To: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com<mailto:cyns@microsoft.com>>
Cc: Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu<mailto:clown@alum.mit.edu>>; Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com<mailto:faulkner.steve@gmail.com>>; ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org<mailto:public-aria@w3.org>>
Subject: Action 2102

Hi Cynthia,

I was givent the action to create core-aam mappings for new ARIA 1.1 features that were already in the HTML 5 spec as they did have mappings.

https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/action2102/core-aam/core-aam.html

The changes I made were to add figure, term, and aria-colspan mappings.

However I went to the HTML5 AAM and notices there was no UIA Mapping for colspan.

http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/html-aam/html-aam.html#html-attribute-state-and-property-mappings

Would you please provide me with the mappings for HTML colspan?

Steve,

We have not merged the action2102 branch into the core-aam, but:

The ARIA figure role is similar the HTML5 figure role but we don’t have a figcaption role.

The ARIA term role is the same as a <dt>

air-colspan is the same as colspan.

Thanks,

Rich