Re: Password role proposal: Freedom Scientific response

We can tell the AT that the role is a password and it is a custom password vs. the standard password. It is up to the AT to convey the information to the user. This is no different than AT properly communicating the accessible name or the role of the element.

If we don’t communicate the role then what will happen is the author simply creates an input field with an enter the password label. The average user will know nothing about it being a custom password field. They will simply echo the characters typed. They won’t know if they are obscured or not.

Rich