RE: Password role proposal: Freedom Scientific response

From: Rich Schwerdtfeger [mailto:richschwer@gmail.com]
Sent: 25 April 2016 16:36
“I highly doubt any author would intentionally write code to dupe blind users.”

You place more trust in script kiddies and other malefactors than I do!

The role definition itself is a positive step in the right direction, but only if screen reader vendors commit to implementing it as defined. If they do not implement it correctly (announcing displayed characters instead of echoing keystrokes), then we will have created a security vulnerability for screen reader users.

Léonie.

--

@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem