From: John Foliot [mailto:john.foliot@deque.com]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2016 2:48 PM
To: Gunderson, Jon R <jongund@illinois.edu>
Cc: James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com>; Richard Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>; public-aria@w3.org
Subject: Re: Security Evaluation Request

Hi Jon,

That appears to be a somewhat simplistic view. I have seen previously the use of <input type="password"> to collect other sensitive data, for example social security numbers, and in those instances the <label> (or equivalent) would NOT be "Password", and so I think it would be reasonable to conclude that a custom input widget would likely also be used for similar "sensitive data" collection, above and beyond just a password.

Ya?

JF