RE: aria-hidden and HTML hidden attribute (resurrecting an old issue)

From: Cynthia Shelly [mailto:cyns@microsoft.com]
Sent: 07 April 2016 01:20

“”HTML5accessibility.com test asserts that the paragraph (id=1) and the
button (id=2) should be visually hidden, but available in the AAPI. Does the
ARIA WG agree?

<input id="2" type="button" hidden aria-hidden="false" />”

This seems right technically. At the risk of resurrecting an old discussion,
I’m not sure API access to hidden content is something we should be
encouraging though?

“What about aria-hidden=false objects that are children of hidden or
display:none? Should the paragraph (id=4) be in the accessibility tree?

AFAIK hidden is inherited, so this would have the same effect as the
previous examples.

Léonie.

--

@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem.