Re: [WebAIM] How the W3C Text Alternative Computation Works

Hi again Bryan,

another example that i am unclear about is:

Where the Name of the edit field is “Email address:”, because the content
> that includes aria-hidden=”true” is excluded from the naming calculation.
>
> However, aria-hidden has another purpose that contradicts this behavior in
> the naming calculation, which occurs when aria-hidden is explicitly set to
> “false”. When applied on an explicitly hidden element using CSS for
> example, this content is included in the naming calculation even though the
> element remains hidden using CSS.

>   Email address:
>   <input aria-labelledby="parentId" type="text" />
>     Error: A valid email address is required.
>
> I am unsure that your prediction is correct, either way it is not
reflected in implementations, of the browsers i tested: latest firefox,
chrome and IE, all expose only "Email address:" as the accessible name.
test file: http://codepen.io/stevef/pen/gPMKeZ

--

Regards

SteveF