From: Zoë Bijl <w3c@moiety.me>
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:32 AM
To: public-aria-practices@w3.org
Subject: Please test the accessibility of code examples you submit

Dear all,

The quality of our code examples has come under fire and was a hot topic during TPAC 2019. We’re working on additional guidance to help remedy. Most of that guidance is on how to write code that’s easier to read for people from all skill levels.

Another very important part of quality is accessibility. And frankly, I’m appalled at the number of contrast ratio fails and high contrast errors we have. JAWS-test has filed a bunch of them in this issue: https://github.com/w3c/aria-practices/issues/1132. I’ll work to fix the issues listed there. But I think the takeaway here should be that we need to pay closer attention to accessibility issues.

Adding code examples with contrast ratio issues is unacceptable.

—Zoë Bijl