From: James Nurthen <nurthen@adobe.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 4:35 PM
To: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@levelaccess.com>; Gunderson, Jon R <jongund@illinois.edu>; public-aria-practices@w3.org
Subject: Re: Initial example of date picker using a menu button pattern

When VO is not running the keyboard still appears when selecting a date.

James Nurthen  |  Accessibility Engineer  |  Adobe  |  p. 415.832.2734  |  c. 415.987.1918  |  nurthen@adobe.com<mailto:nurthen@adobe.com>

From: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@levelaccess.com<mailto:bryan.garaventa@levelaccess.com>>
Date: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 4:25 PM
To: James Nurthen <nurthen@adobe.com<mailto:nurthen@adobe.com>>, "Gunderson, Jon R" <jongund@illinois.edu<mailto:jongund@illinois.edu>>, "public-aria-practices@w3.org<mailto:public-aria-practices@w3.org>" <public-aria-practices@w3.org<mailto:public-aria-practices@w3.org>>

Hi James,
Actually I believe this is now fixed.
http://whatsock.com/tsg/Coding%20Arena/ARIA%20Date%20Pickers/ARIA%20Date%20Picker%20%28Basic%29/demo.htm

With VO running, there is no keyboard appearance after selecting a date.

If this works for you, I’ll push these into the relevant repos tomorrow.

All the best,
Bryan

Bryan Garaventa
Principal Accessibility Architect